Monday, October 31, 2011

The best of intentions...

My piling system -- how did it work for all of you?

It worked imperfectly for me. Part of the issue is having enough dedicated time to work on something until it is finished. Is that how it is for you? So, I had a good start, but then a little something called "life" took over. I guess that's why getting and staying organized is so challenging for me -- for us.

It is also why I'm recommending today that we take things in very small bites. Unless it is the weekend, I don't have that dedicated time required. Even on certain weekends, though, it is still hard to find time.

Now, back to the paper chaos. I was cleaning off my desk. What were you working on? Did you finish? Are you feeling proud? Or, are you, like me, wondering how there are still things stacked there on the corner where there was momentarily a clear space?

I'm attacking it again.
  • Put all pencils in pencil holder. Done. 
  • Throw away all tiny pieces of paper and scraps and stickies that I don't need any more. Done.
  • Put folders back into folder holder.  Done.
Oh look! There's the binder that is supposed to hold my weekly items -- my "household" binder. Since I'm at my work office, I need to come up with something better than "household." I'll go with "office organizer." Bottom line.... this is going to take daily effort. I'm taking a wild guess here, but I'm imagining that the naturally organized do not find themselves un-piling just mere days after clearing off a space.

But, the good news is that it didn't take nearly as long as the first time.  That's real progress for the not-so-naturally organized.

Tomorrow's blog -- One Thing at a Time!

And, here's a link to a site that is working on having an organized Christmas.  It looks ever-so-lovely to me.  I hope you enjoy!  An Organized Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment